Part 1 of 3: Difference Between Natural Stone and Manufactured Stone
Looking to make a splash on the interior or exterior of your home? Adding a small or large accent of stone will make any home look great! There are more products than ever to help you turn that dream into reality. Depending on the scale and complexity of the project this is something that can be done without much experience.
So what should you look for when you’re planning a new stone veneer project? First understanding the definition of Stone Veneer is important. We break Stone Veneer down into three categories: Full Natural Stone Veneer, Thin Natural Stone Veneer, and Manufactured Stone Veneer. We are going to focus on the latter two options.
When customers come into our showroom the first thing we focus on is the difference between Natural Stone and Manufactured Stone.
- The “Real” Stuff: You can’t get a more realistic veneer option than Natural Thin Stone
- Longevity: Natural Stone has been around for billions of years and will continue to be around. Needless to say but the product carries a Lifetime Warranty.
- Cost: Natural Thin Stone is in most cases more expensive. The price has dropped in the last few years, but still more than the alternative.
- Look: Manufactured Stone (Cultured Stone, Faux Stone, etc.) is a cast stone that simulates the look of real stone.
- Warranty: Most companies warranty the color on their stone for up to 50 years! Live on the ocean? We don’t recommend installing Manufactured Stone Veneer in any location where salt spray may make contact. Salt and concrete don’t mix.
- Selection: Because manufactured stone is cast, there are endless colors and styles to choose from.
- Cost: Usually always the more economical choice
Hopefully, this helped you understand the difference between Manufactured Stone Veneer and Natural Stone Veneer. Be looking for the next two parts to our blog on Stone Veneer, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us!